Low Cost Resources
Prince William SPCA does not offer spay/neuter services. We recommend these resources:
• Feral Cat Package: Male or Female feral cats in humane traps $105. Includes Rabies vaccine, HCP Feline Distemper vaccine and required ear tip.
• Pit Fix Program: Anicira offers low-cost spay/neuter surgeries for American Pit Bull Terriers and Pit Bull mixes residing in Manassas City and Manassas Park. This program was developed in response to the high number of Pit Bulls being euthanized in regional shelters without ever knowing the warmth of a home or the love of a family. Please call the clinic for an appointment: 571.208.0199
• Unable to pay? If you are unable to afford a spay or neuter surgery for your pet, they have options available to help. Please give them a call to discuss. For more information, call 571.208.0199.
2. Spay, Inc. Spay Inc. is a program of the SPCA of Northern Virginia that provides discounted spay and neuter referrals for dogs and cats in Northern Virginia. Our mission is to end the euthanasia of adoptable pets in Northern Virginia through targeted spay/neuter initiatives. For more information, call 301.483.7080.
3. Helping Hands Affordable Veterinary Surgery and Dental Care (Richmond, VA) For more information, call 804.355.3500.
4. Pet Neuter Clinic (Stephens City, VA) For more information, call 540.868.0000.
Low-cost vaccines, dental procedures, wellness visits and euthanasia services
Anicira Veterinary Clinic in Manassas offers a full complement of services to include wellness visits, dental services, vaccines and humane euthanasia. Spay/neuter information is below. Please call the clinic for an appointment: 571.208.0199
Helping Hands Affordable Veterinary Surgery and Dental Care offers affordable advanced surgeries and dental care for fixed prices, all under $1,000 to help prevent economic euthanasia (dentals are a fixed cost $260). Clients drive to them from up and down the East Coast for their services. Helping Hands is a different kind of veterinarian experience. Their formula is simple: Only perform outpatient surgeries and dental work.
phone: 804.355-3500 fax: 804.355.3009
HOURS: Monday-Friday – 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Petco stores offer low-cost vaccines and vaccine packages through Luv My Pet. Visit www.petco.com for a list of the times and locations near you.
Financial Aid and Grants
Anicira Sashi’s Fund Assistance Program:
Sashi’s Fund is a program founded by Anicira’s President and CEO Cate Lemmond that assists pets in Northern Virginia access veterinary care. The fund is named in memory of Sashi, a rescue dog who faced a life of severe neglect before being adopted.
Sashi’s Fund provides pet parents financial assistance with any medically necessary veterinary care. To qualify, clients are required to:
- Live in Manassas, Manassas Park, or Prince William County
- Have an income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level or qualify for other government assistance programs such as SNAP or Medicaid
Provide proof of residency and income/government assistance
Economic hardships can prevent people from caring for the animals they love. When circumstances threaten the bonds between people and their pets, the RedRover Relief program is there to help. RedRover Relief grants help meet the high cost of caring for animals needing lifesaving veterinary treatment:
• Financial assistance grants so pet owners, Good Samaritans and rescuers can care for animals who need urgent veterinary care
• An easy online application and quick approval process
• Resources for pet owners struggling with economic hardship
• Resources for victims of domestic violence
For information on relief grants, click here.
Note: The Prince William SPCA is not affiliated with RedRover but shares this information to provide assistance to those people in our community who might benefit from their financial support.
• Ian Somerhalder Foundation Emergency Medical Care Grant for Animals provides financial assistance to animal welfare organizations, agencies and in some cases individual rescuers responsible for the care of animals recovering from abuse, neglect or injuries suffered from a traumatic event. This grant is offered on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Additional grants are awarded at various times throughout the year to other organizations working toward the preservation of our environment, animal habitats and youth development.