No Lilies for Kitties

Easter is right around the corner and with it comes many dangers for our pets. While you are putting away the chocolate, remember that another holiday favorite can be just as deadly. Lilies are beautiful and festive, but can mean disaster for our feline friends. Eating small amounts of any part of the lily can cause kidney failure. Petals, leaves, pollen or water from the vase are all highly toxic. If a cat is in your home, play it safe by choosing arrangements without lilies. If you suspect your cat has been poisoned, call your vet immediately or contact Poison Control to speak to an expert at 1-800-222-1222.